What is Cell Culture Syringe Filter
Specially designed to sterilize or filter biological solutions, cell culture medium, supplements, serum, antibiotics and other cell culture reagents, Filson cell culture syringe filter has important effect for creating stable and comfortable cell culture environments.
Adopting high quality CA, PES, PP, PVDF, RC as membrane materials, Filson cell culture syringe filter has characteristics of hydrophilicity, low protein binding and good chemicals resistance. It has excellent compatibility with various biological solvents.
Filson provides multiple sizes of cell culture syringe filter to meet your various needs. With wide apertures range from 0.1 micron to 10 micron, it can perform sterilized filtration, general filtration or pre-filtration. It can also withstand sample volumes from 1ml to greater than 1L.
Cell Culture Syringe Filter Main Categories
Filson offers high quality biological solution syringe filter with low protein binding, high flow rate, low extractability and wide chemical compatibility. It is the primary choice for clarification or sterilization of biological solutions.
Having passed high-temperature autoclavable or gamma sterilization, Fiolson cell culture media syringe filter is sterile and individually packaged. It has excellent chemicals compatibility to filter various cell culture medias with PH tolerance of 1-14.
As a substance rich in nutrients and protein, serum has positive effects on cell culture. Filson serum syringe filter has wide capabilities in improving serum cleanliness, avoiding contaminating cells, prolonging storage period and reducing cost.
All supplements must be sterile to prevent microbial growth in cell culture. Filson supplements syringe filter is mainly used to clarify and sterilize supplements. Its minimum aperture is 0.1 micron to ensure that the supplement is 100% sterile.
Antibiotics can inhibit or kill pathogenic microbes in cell culture. Filson antibiotics syringe filter can purify antibiotics before they are injected into cells. It has tiny hold-up volume to maximize the use of antibiotics and avoid contaminating cells.
Cell Culture Syringe Filter Types by Materials
Due to cellulose acetate has low absorption property, Filson CA cell culture syringe filter can achieves maximum sample recovery rate. Its protein binding amounts is as low as 3.8μg/cm² to be specially suitable for cell culture medium, additives, biological solutions, and buffers.
With hydrophilic PES membrane and asymmetric hole structure, Filson PES cell culture syringe filter has excellent load capacity and high flow rate. It is suitably used for buffer filtration, clarify or pre-filtration and it can also sterilize bio-fluids, serum or tissue culture medium additives.
Filson PP cell culture syringe filter has high heat, chemical corrosion tolerance and strong mechanical strength. With wide apertures from 0.1μm to 10μm, it can prefiltering or remove fine particles from solution in harsh environments such as high pressure and corrosion.
The hydrophilic PVDF filtration membrane used in Filson PVDF cell culture syringe filter does not require pre-wetting with water or alcohol. It has stable structure and great tensile strength to be strong enough to provide high throughput without breakdown or leakage.
Mainly fabricated by 100% cellulose, Filson RC cell culture syringe filter has high purity and free of any additives to avoid contamination of sample. It has low extract and protein binding amount to have a good effect on tissue culture filtering and biological sample filtering
Cell Culture Syringe Filter Types by Aperture
For most cell culture applications, small aperture syringe filter is required for sterilizing filtration, Filson 0.22μm cell culture syringe filter is the ideal choice. With precise aperture, it can effectively remove more than 99.9% impurities to avoid contaminating cell sample.
Compared with 0.22μm syringe filter, Filson 0.45 micron cell culture syringe filter has less resistance and faster flow rate. It can be widely used in filtering particles from gases, oil, drinks, alcohol and other samples and it also has ability to capture bacteria bigger than 0.45μm.
Filson 0.8μm cell culture syringe filter is specially designed to dislodge useless microorganism in cell culture reagents like fungi, yeast or spores, etc. It is generally made by low-protein-binding materials such as CA, PES, PP, and RC to achieve the desired filtration effect.
Cell Culture Syringe Filter Types by Diameter
Filson 4mm cell culture syringe filter is technically fabricated to filter solutions less than 1ml. It has huge dirt holding capacity for longer service life and its housing is made of high-density polyethylene to be very stable and durable.
Mainly used to deal with 2-10ml solvents, Filson 13mm cell culture syringe filter has little hold-up volume of 30 µl. It has luer lock inlet to connect with syringe more firmly. In addition, it has bio-inert to filter various cell culture reagents.
With medium-size diameter of 25mm, Filson 25mm cell culture syringe filter has characteristics both small retention volume and high flow rate of 140ml/min. When it is used as a pre-filter, the sample volume can be up to 200 ml.
The common apertures of Filson 33mm cell culture syringe filter are 0.22 micron and 0.45 micron. It has excellent flux to enable faster filtration speed and greater processing capacity and it can filter solutions greater than 100ml.
Due to large diameter of 50mm, Filson 50mm cell culture syringe filter’s effective filtration area is up to 19.6cm². It has good permeability and extreme low protein binding to be suitable for rapid filtration of biological reagents.
Filson Cell Culture Syringe Filter Benefits
Filson cell culture syringe filter has normative female luer lock inlet to be well connected with syringe, which totally avoids sample leakage from connection place.
With advanced production equipment, Filson cell culture syringe filter has absolutely standard aperture to ensure precisely capture of impurities without blockage.
Filson provides diverse sizes cell culture syringe filter with aperture range from 0.1μm to 10μm and 4mm to 50 mm in diameter to meet your various requirements.
Owing to the maximum diameter of Filson cell culture syringe filter is 50mm, it has enough capability to handle up to 5L fluid with huge filtration area of 19.6cm2.
Filson Cell Culture Syringe Filter Advantages
- Aseptic: Considering the particularity of cell culture, syringe filter need to be sterile to avoid carrying useless or harmful microorganisms contaminating cells. Filson strictly sterilizes cell culture syringe filter and packs it individually to guarantee 100% aseptic.
- Efficient: With accurate aperture, the filtration efficiency of Filson cell culture syringe filter can be as high as 99.9%. Moreover, its maximum flow rate can reach up to 140ml/min to filter samples with high granular impurities content quickly and efficiently.
- Economical: Filson cell culture syringe filter has highly purified and superior materials and large dirt holding capacity to prolong service life. Under the premise of strong and durable products, the price is very competitive to provide you higher cost performance.
Filson Cell Culture Syringe Filter Features
- Great safety with nonpyrogenic and noncytotoxic
- High particles removal efficiency up to 99.9%
- 100% integrity tested ensures normal usage
- Little hold-up volume to reduce sample loss
- Large effective filtration area of 19.6cm²
- Low protein binding and adsorb ability
- Excellent compatibility with chemicals
- Unique construction guarantees sturdy
- Standard lock connection avoids leakage
- Without adhesive agents and additives
Why Choose Filson Cell Culture Syringe Filter
As a professional syringe filter manufacturer with strict production processes, high standards of production workshop, advanced technology, Filson always use high purity and premium materials to achieve optimal product performance.
A series of tests will be conducted after the products is made, such as integrity test, sterile test, pressure test, flow rate test, etc. Accordingly, Filson cell culture syringe filter won’t have any contamination, leakage or blockage during use.
Filson can not only provide diverse standard cell culture syringe filters, but also detailed customized services. In addition, we fabricate alternatives to many well-known brands like Pall, Sartorius, Whatman, etc with the same quality and more competitive price.
If you have any needs, please contact us immediately by phone + 86-15736958886 or mail email@example.com. Our professional technicians will reply quickly and recommend the most appropriate products for you.
- Connection methods: luer lock or luer slip
- Flow rate: up to 140ml/min
- Filtration area: 2cm³-19.8cm³
- Minimum hold-up volume: 10µl
- Operating temperature: 110 ℃
- Maximum working pressure: 10 bar
- Pore sizes: 0.1μm-10μm
- Diameters: 4mm-50mm
In order to better meet the requirements of cell culture, Filson uses the following materials to make cell culture syringe filter:
- RC (regenerated cellulose)
- CA (cellulose acetate)
Cell Culture Syringe Filter FAQ Guide
Filson cell culture syringe filter is mainly used to clarify or sterilize cell culture reagents. By capturing impurities or bacteria in sample solutions, it effectively provides a clean, sterile environment for human, animal, or plant cell cultures. Thus ensuring the smooth progress of cell culture without any pollution and the effectiveness of results.
Filson provides wide size range to meet your various needs.
The common aperture sizes are 0.22 micron, 0.45 micron, 0.8 micron, 5 micron and 10 micron, etc., and common diameters are 4 mm, 13 mm, 25 mm, 33 mm, 50 mm, etc.
Filson also offers customized cell culture syringe filter in a variety of sizes and materials. As long as you tell us about the requirements, we will provide you with drawings and professional recommendations quickly.
- Low protein binding to be well compatible with biological solvents
- Ultraviolet welding and stable structure ensure 100% no leakage
- Precision and uniform apertures to effectively capture impurities
- Wide diameters range provides sundry throughput capacity
- Excellent corrosion resistance with pH tolerance from 1 to 14
- Sterile products perfectly avoid contaminating samples
- High-quality materials guarantee long service life
- Complete types to be suitable for various fields
No, cell culture syringe filter can not be reused.
Cell culture syringe filter need to be sterile to avoid bringing useless microorganisms to cell culture. Therefore, from production to packaging, Filson always carries out in sterile environment.
Choose the most appropriate cell culture syringe filter, you need to consider the following factors:
- Membrane material: It must be compatible with cell cultures and solution with which it contacts. You should consider the chemical compatibility, temperature resistance, hydrophilic nature, protein binding rate and other factors about filtration membrane.
- Connection method: There are two common connection ways: double luer lock and luer lock/luer slip. Double luer locks provide safer and stronger connections to be used for applications that require online filtering. Female luer lock and male luer slip provide sealing connections that can be widely used in different applications.
- Core size: Core size of syringe filter is determined according to the size of impurity particles. If sterilization is required, selecting syringe filter of 0.22 micron and 0.45 micron; if larger particles, use syringe filter of 5 micron and 10 micron. The suitable choices should according to the actual situation.
- Diameter: Diameters of cell culture syringe filter determine fluid volume and flow rate that the filter can handle. Samples less than 2 ml are suitable with 4mm syringe filter, and syringe filter with 50mm diameter can filter up to 5 L of samples.
- Other factors: For example, whether the sample contains heavy particles and requires pre-filtration; providing sterile filtration; wetting the filter membrane in advance to make it hydrophilic, etc.
All of the syringe filters used in cell culture field are hydrophilic.
It should be noted that PTFE is naturally hydrophobic, and it needs to be pre-moistened early with alcohol or water to make it hydrophilic.
Filson follows standards disinfection procedures strictly and package the cell culture syringe filter separately.
- Rinse in 75% ethanol solution.
- Ethylene oxide gas sterilization.
- 121℃ or 134℃ steam for 15-30 minutes.