What is PTFE Membrane Filter
Filson PTFE membrane filter is totally made of pure polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE). The main purpose of our filter is to remove bacteria, virus and other particles above 0.01 micron with high efficiency up to 99.99%.
Having excellent chemical compatibility, Filson PTFE membrane filter is best suitable for aggressive corrosion, acid, alkali and most organic solvents. Besides, owing to outstanding hydrophobicity, it can be widely used in venting, air and gas filtration.
Our PTFE membrane filter has a wide range of series, including hydrophobic/hydrophilic PTFE membrane filter, PTFE membrane cartridge filter and PTFE membrane disc filter. You can also find high-quality PTFE membrane filter bag or PTFE membrane paper in Filson.
PTFE Membrane Filter Categories
PTFE Membrane Filter Outstanding Benefits
High particles retention is one outstanding features of Filson PTFE membrane filter, and the efficiency can reach 99.99% at 1 and 2 micron.
Filson PTFE membrane filter is made of high-quality PTFE material, and it has excellent chemical compatibility to filter strong corrosion, acid and solvents.
Since Filson has good partnership with DHL/UPS/TNT/Fedex or other air and shipping , we will choose appropriate transportation methods based on your requirements.
Filson has 20+ years experiences on manufacturing filter, and we are capable to make standard replacement PTFE membrane filter of other brands like Pall, Whatman or Millipore.
PTFE Membrane Filter Advantages
Using Filson PTFE membrane filter, there are various advantages:
- Filson PTFE membrane filter can prevent most particles entering filtration system, and your filtration components will largely avoid damage caused by contaminants. Therefore, these components will have longer service time than ever before.
- With superior particle retention, our filter will do more filtration using less time. And with the PTFE material and durability, you can obtain high-quality products with overall lower cost.
- Hydrophobic and hydrophilic PTFE material available, our PTFE membrane filter offers various applications, from water to gases.
PTFE Membrane Filter Features
- Outstanding hydrophobicity suitable for venting, air and gas filtration
- High temperature resistance ranging from -120℃ up to 280℃
- Lightweight but robust structure to withstand high pressure
- Eminent particle retention more than 99.99%
- Excellent chemical stability and inertness to filter chemical solvents
- Autoclavable at 121℃ or 134℃ for 30 minutes
- Fine pore size ranging from 0.01 to 10 micron for various applications
- Wide diameter for large surface area up to 53.58 cm2
- Reliable quality in accordance with ISO standards
PTFE Membrane Filter Working Principle
Since PTFE membrane filter is mainly made of PTFE membrane, and it is membrane that plays an important roles in filtration.
Before filtration, you should install filter first.
Then, draw the sample or other solvents into filter. In this step, because PTFE membrane has various uniform pore, particles larger than pore size can not pass through membrane and stayed at the filter surface.
Next, push filter, filtered solvents or gases will flow out the filter.
PTFE Membrane Filter General Specifications
- Raw Material: polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)
- Pore Size: 0.01 – 200 micron(typically 0.2, 0.22 and 0.45 micron)
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 87 psi
- Particle Retention: ≥99%
- Common Diameter: up to 400mm
- Membrane Thickness: from 40 to 190 micron
- Flow Rate: 450 mL/min
- Minimum Bubble Point: 0.13 MPa
- PH Range: 1 – 14
- Replacement Brands: Pall, Whatman, Millipore…
Why Choose Filson PTFE Membrane Filter
Filson PTFE membrane filter has wide micron rating ranging from 0.01 to 200 micron, so it can fit your various application better. Since the general porosity of our filter ranges from 80% to 93%, our filter will has large effective filtration area and huge flow rate.
Totally made of PTFE material, Filson PTFE membrane filter has a rigid structure to resist harsh environment, like high heat, corrosion and acid. Due to the outstanding hydrophobicity, our filter is usually regarded as a PTFE membrane air filter to effectively filter most air or gases.
Having professional engineering team, rich experience, advanced technology and mature production lines, Filson is able to provide you high-quality PTFE membrane filter. If you need other brands replacement filter, like Pall PTFE membrane filter or Whatman PTFE membrane filter, we can also provide standard products with a preferred price.
If you want to learn more detailed information about Filson PTFE membrane filter, please give us a call at +86-157 3695 8886 or send us an email at email@example.com.
PTFE Membrane Filter Applications
Having passed HPLC certification, Filson PTFE membrane filter is able to clarify and filter HPLC sample solutions. With high filtration efficiency up to 99.99%, it effectively improves the accuracy of analysis and avoids blocking or wearing instrument.
The preparation of UV spectral samples requires removing useless impurities and particles. Filson PTFE membrane filter has large filtration area up to 53.58 cm² and high porosity, effectively achieving high flow rate and high filtration efficiency.
Filson PTFE membrane filter has biological inertia and widely used in filtering biological samples, culture media, serum, etc. With minimum pore size of 0.1 micron, it is fine enough to capture the vast majority of bacteria, molds and microbes in samples.
With excellent chemical resistance, Filson PTFE membrane filter is compatible with almost all solvent, acid, and alkali solutions. When used in chemical industry, it exhibits outstanding performance, well durability and huge throughput capacity.
Filson PTFE membrane filter is suitable for testing and analyzing small sample solutions or gases in laboratory, such as sol sampling, microscope analysis, etc. It also has very good thermal stability and can withstand up to 260℃ high temperature.
Through strict on-line steam or high-temperature sterilization, Filson PTFE membrane filter is sterile and ideal for pharmaceutical industry. It has high filtration efficiency and sample reduction rate, which ensures safety and effectiveness of medicines.
PTFE Membrane Filter FAQ Guide
PTFE membrane is mainly made of polytetrafluoroethylene polymer(PTFE). PTFE membrane has hydrophobicity to suit for venting, air and gases filtration. Moreover, PTFE membrane has excellent chemical compatibility to filter strong corrosion, acid, alkali and organic solvents.
Hydrophobic membrane filter has surface tension and does not let water flowing through unless water pressure is larger than filter’s water entry pressure. Before filtering, it should be prewet by water-containing solvents with low surface tension. For this reason, hydrophobic membrane filter is best compatible with non-aqueous fluids, and it is best suitable for filtering air, gas and vent.
Hydrophilic membrane filter is water-attractive and has better compatibility with water. It is easy to be wet and let the bulk water flow through the pores. Generally, hydrophilic membrane filter can not filter air or other gases.
There are several steps to choose proper PTFE membrane filter:
- Firstly, choose appropriate material. According to the characteristic of the filtered solutions or samples, choose hydrophobic or hydrophilic PTFE membrane as raw material.
- Next, decide the suitable micron rating and porosity. Since PTFE membrane filter has a wide pore size ranging from 0.01 to 10 micron, you should choose right micron rating and porosity according to your exact application. Therefore, this will ensure stable and outstanding filtration performance as well as suitable surface area.
- Finally, choose the level of resistance. To meet your needs better, you had better decide other parameters, including operating temperature and pressure, pH value, etc.
PTFE membrane has two side, one is rough and another is smooth. When filtrating, the smooth PTFE membrane side should face the solution.
0.2 micron filter is often regarded as “sterile filter”, and so is 0.2 micron membrane filter. Generally speaking, 0.2 micron filter is able to remove all organisms, including bacteria with diameter ranging from 0. 5 to 5 micron.
However, there are also a few bacteria is smaller than 0.3 micron and bigger up to 0.7mm. So these few bacteria can pass through 0.2 micron filter, which means 0.2 micron filter can not remove all bacteria.