Filson DSM Screen
- High particle capacity
- Superior wear resistance
- Large opening rate
- Simple installation&replacement
- Low maintenance costs
- Compact design
- Difficult to clog
- No moving parts
- Send Us Inquiry
Filson DSM screens are mainly available for a wide range of industries, such as sugar processing, pulp&paper, coal mining&quarrying, grain sieving, mineral processing, industrial&urban wastewater treatment. If you have these filtration problems, you can choose Filson DSM screens.
- Raw material: SS304, SS316L, 321, 904L, 2205, 2507, C276…
- Gap size: 100 microns, 150 microns or on your request
- Wire Size: down to 0.008”
- Angle: 30°, 45°, 60°, 90°, 120°, 270°, 300°
- Screen width: 20” – 120”
Filson DSM screen
DSM Screens: Your Permanent&Low-maintenance Filtration Solution
Filson DSM screen is short of Dutch State Mines Screen, also called sieve bend screen. It consists of welding the wedge wires to the support bars, with horizontal slots between the bars. Common slot size is 100 or 150 micron.
Since our DSM screen has a compact construction design, you may leave the space for other parts and machines. It has rigid and durable features and a significant filtration effect. Moreover, you can install and maintain Filson DSM screen easily to get lower costs.
Filson supplies a full line of DSM screens according to its arc angles: 30°, 45°, 60°, 90°, 120°, 270°, 300°. Different size of DSM screen is perfect for different purposes. For example, Filson 45° DSM Screen is best suited for thickening and screening, whereas the 120° type is capable of water suspension separating.
Inquire us now! Filson will always be your reliable DSM screen manufacturer!
DSM Screen: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
If you have any question about DSM screen, you will find the answer right here.
It’s because this guide covers everything you’re looking for about DSM screen – from design, features, material type to technical specifications, amongst others.
So keep reading to learn more.
- What Is DSM Screen?
- What Are The Different Types Of DSM Screens?
- What Is The Structure Of DSM Screen?
- What Is The Working Principle Of DSM Screen?
- What Are The Features Of DSM Screen?
- What Are The Parts Of DSM Screen?
- What Are The Technical Specifications Of DSM Screen?
- Where Can I Use DSM Screen?
- How Can You Optimize Separation Efficiency When Using DSM Screen?
- Which Materials Are Used To Manufacture DSM Screen?
- What Is The Difference Between Wedge Wire DSM Screens And Polyurethane DSM Screens?
- What Benefits Do Your DSM Screens Have?
- What Are The Advantages Of A Polyurethane DSM Screen?
- Where Can You Use Polyurethane DSM Screens?
- Are There Customized DSM Screens?
- How Important Is An Open Area In The DSM Screen?
- Can Reinforcements Be Added On DSM screens?
- What Are The Design Options For DSM Screens?
- Why Are Most DSM Screens Curved?
- How Is Stainless Steel DSM Screen Manufactured?
- How Is The Tensile Strength Of DSM Screen Tested?
- How Do You Customize DSM Screen?
- What Quality Standards Should DSM Screens Comply With?
- Does A DSM Screen Come With Warranty?
What Is DSM Screen?
Dutch State Mines Screen (DSM), or a sieve bend screen, is a concave curved stationary screen (having no moving parts). DSM screens are viewed as static sizing screens.
They have no moving parts, hence they are easy to install and maintain. Also, DSM screens have a compact design, meaning they occupy less space.
What Are The Different Types Of DSM Screens?
We differentiate DSM screens in terms of the angles.
The most popular DSM screens are the 300o, 270o, 120o, 60o, 45o, and rapifine. Notably, each of the types has its unique function.
For example, the 1200 type DSM screen is ideal for recovering fiber, i.e., separating small fiber (as small as 100 microns) from water suspension.
Additionally, you can use it for pulp thickening.
On the other hand, the 450 type DSM screen is the best-suited for screening and thickening.
Because of the different feeding methods, DSM screens can have two classifications. There is;
The Gravity Flow DSM Screen
These types of DSM screens have the below features;
- No pressure feeding.
- The arc angles 450, 600, and 900 are common.
- Their usage is mainly in coal preparation plants.
Pressure DSM Screen
Below are the common aspects of pressure DSM screens;
- Has a pressure feeding.
- 1800 and 2700 radian commonly used
- The main application is in the grinding of cement in the cement industry.
What Is The Structure Of DSM Screen?
DSM screens comprise wedge (screen) bars that form a bowed surface having horizontal openings between the bars.
Typically, one opening has a width of either 100 or 150 microns.
Commonly, stainless steel is the main material for making the screen bar.
However, usage of nylon is possible in specific instances.
Other important components of the DSM screen are the feeders, support, and the discharge funnel. It also has a trapezoidal screen strip.
Notably, the screen strip is laid out in a direction perpendicular to the material’s movement direction.
Wedge wire DSM screen
What Is The Working Principle Of DSM Screen?
Notably, the DSM screen serves to classify, dehydrate, deslime, and remove medium in various materials.
First, the materials (slurry) are fed via a low pressure-nozzle into the screen surface at a predetermined speed along the tangent direction.
The material layer gradually moves close to the screen surface due to centrifugal force, friction and gravity.
As the material layer flows through the wedge wires, each wedge wire cuts the material layer.
Once again, the centrifugal force acts on the cut material, discharging it through the screen gap and depositing it under the screen.
The product that is deposited on the screen is the remaining uncut material.
What Are The Features Of DSM Screen?
When looking to purchase any product, there are some ideal features that the product ought to have. The case is the same to the DSM screen.
These features will help you choose from a variety of DSM screens and get the perfect fit.
Below are some key features that most DSM screens possess:
- Material – Commonly, DSM screens are made from stainless steel. Consequently, they are durable and can withstand the corrosive nature of different materials being passed through it.
Also, stainless steel is a food grade material and will not cause any type of contamination on the product.
- Dimensions – Most DSM screens have a 600 radius, 1600mm arc length, and a 1840mm width.
Of course, you can get custom designs depending on your unique requirements and specifications.
- Width thickness – A number of DSM screens feature a 10mm thick width. Again, upon request, this may also very depending on custom applications.
- Wedge bar width – The wedge bar width of DSM screens is approximately 1.5mm. Again, it may be slightly smaller or larger, depending on your application requirements.
- End bar size – Usually, DSM screens have an end bar size of 25mm.
- Slot opening – The slot or hole opening of DSM screens ranges from 0.5mm to0.7mm.
- Sieve bend – Most DSM screens have a wire welded sieve bend
- Cleaning mechanism – Our DSM screens feature a washing jet that is pneumatically operated to wash the screen surface.
- Screen replacement design – The screen design is simple, enabling quick and fast replacement.
- Sharp cut – The sharp cut feature in our DSM screens allows for efficient separation.
Note: These features will vary depending on the type of DSM screen.
At FilSon Filters, we can customize your DSM screen depending on your unique requirements and specification.
What Are The Parts Of DSM Screen?
The DSM screen is a simple equipment; hence it does not have a lot of parts. The key parts include;
DSM screen dimensions
Wedge wire DSM screen
- Screen bars/wedge bars – They are located on the screen plate. Their major role is to slice the material layers.
- Screen plate – It is a bowed surface having horizontal slots between the bars
- Sieve strips – This is the mesh-like surface on the upper part of the screen.
- Support and stand – To hold the DSM screen in place.
- Central rotating shaft – For rotating the screen to the desired position.
What Are The Technical Specifications Of DSM Screen?
Different DSM screens have various specifications. We will highlight for you the parameters that are technical with regard to DSM screen.
These parameters include:
- Dimensions – This includes the width, length, and radius of the DSM screen.
- Material – Mostly stainless steel
- Slot opening – Typically 0.5mm
- Wedge bar width – Usually 1.5mm
- Wedge profile – Commonly v-rod
- Support rod type
- Rib spacing – Should be standard
- Size of the end bar – Should be 10mm thick, and 25mm wide
- Screen type
- Wire size
- Opening area – Should be approximately 25%
The above-listed technical parameters highlight the possible application of a DSM screen.
The figures listed may vary depending on the use of the DSM screen or the customization.
Again, FilSon Filters team will customize the DSM screen depending on your unique requirements and specifications.
Where Can I Use DSM Screen?
A DSM screen can be used in various applications. For instance, it is usually used for sizing and dewatering applications where solids are removed or rather separated from liquids.
Moreover, the DSM screen can be manufactured in various sizes, lengths and widths depending on the uses and needs that you may have.
With these different lengths and widths, it is easy to separate a mixture of the materials,
Commonly, DSM screens are used for wastewater cleaning, sugar milling, mineral processing, and paper processing applications. Other than these, there are also other uses of the DSM screen.
In these various applications, the DSM screen plays a significant role in dehydration, desliming, and even classification in slime recovery, especially in the coal preparation process.
DSM screen can be used in series form depending on the needs of the respective industry.
Generally, in a wider perspective, DSM screens are used in:
- Trash removal
- Media recovery
- In collaboration with vibrating screens
Narrowing it down, the major DSM screens applications include;
- Mineral processing
- Wastewater clean up
- Sugar mills
- Thickening and screening
- Separating water suspension
- Condensate water filtration
- Chemical industries
- Energy industries
- Building materials industries
- Water wells
How Can You Optimize Separation Efficiency When Using DSM Screen?
To optimize the separation efficiency when using a DSM screen, you need to install the right DSM screen for the specific application.
You need to consider the following during the selection of a DSM screen for effective optimization:
- Solid concentration
- Feed rate
- Cut point
Having the above will go a long way to ensure your DSM screen is functioning effectively.
Which Materials Are Used To Manufacture DSM Screen?
For versatility, durability, and flexibility; DSM screens are made from three primary materials, namely;
- 316 Stainless steel (Abrasion Resistant)
- 304 Stainless steel (Corrosion Resistant)
Notably, both types of stainless steel are used in manufacturing wedge wire screens.
What Is The Difference Between Wedge Wire DSM Screens And Polyurethane DSM Screens?
Polyurethane DSM screens
Wedge wire DSM screens feature a maximum open area, drainage, and sharp cutting action. As such, it is arguably the standard dewatering screen. They are made from 430 stainless steel and 304 stainless steel.
On the other hand, Polyurethane DSM screens are made from polyurethane, making them cost-effective.
They have a long lifespan plus a constant cut point. Notably, they are customized to replicate the advantages of wedge wire DSM screens
Wedge Wire DSM Screen
What Benefits Do Your DSM Screens Have?
Our DSM screens have a number of benefits, including;
- No moving parts – making the installation of the DSM screens easy. Also, it lowers the need for maintenance.
- High capacity – Ensure the DSM screen is capable of containing a large material load.
- Non-clogging – This reduces the regularity of maintenance and replacement.
- Little space requirement/compact design – Hence, it can be used in a variety of applications.
- Low maintenance cost – Due to non-moving parts and non-clogging traits, the maintenance cost attached to DSM screens is low.
- Flexibility – DSM screens are insensitive to changes and can operate in various environments.
- Low installation cost – Both the initial purchase and installation costs of DSM screens are low.
- Permanent screen media – This means that the DSM screens are durable and need no constant replacement.
- Safe and stand equipment – Acts as support to the DSM screen.
- Sharp cut – To allow for efficient separation.
- Easy screen replacement – You can replace a screen under 10 minutes with no specific tool requirements
- Self-cleaning – The DSM screens automatically clean themselves when in use.
What Are The Advantages Of A Polyurethane DSM Screen?
There are several advantages a polyurethane DSM screen may have. Some of them include:
High Load-bearing Capacity
Polyurethane does have a large load capacity such that when there is a change in shape under a heavy load, it will return to its original shape once the load is removed.
However, this can be made possible with a bit of compression in the material, and it should be designed properly for the given application.
Therefore, because of its strength, polyurethane has an even excellent loadbearing capability and exhibits deflection and recovery that outmatches any plastic or even metal.
Abrasion, Impact, And Tear Resistance
In some cases, severe wear can be a great challenge in some of these industries that use DSM screens. Therefore, if you use polyurethane, you will have solved half of your problems.
They have a wide range of hardness, which you can choose from depending on your needs.
The hardness level directly determines the resilience range of the DSM screen.
Also, among the known properties of polyurethane is that it has got a high tensile strength.
This contributes to its quality, thereby making tear very impossible during any industrial process.
Can Perform In Harsh Environments.
Because polyurethane is resistant to extreme temperatures, harsh environmental conditions, and corrosive chemicals, they are ideal for such environments.
Commonly, polyurethane DSM screens are used in abrasive environments, where they function perfectly fine.
Easy bonding with other materials such as plastics, metals, and wood makes it an ideal material for wheels, rollers, and inserts.
Compared to other plastic options, polyurethane is considered eco-friendly.
First, polyurethane lasts longer; hence there is no need to frequently replace them.
Also, there are various ways of recycling polyurethane back to its previous prepolymer compound.
Lastly, in the environment, polyurethane breaks down quickly, consequently posing no harm to the environment.
Has A Wide Range Of Applications
Polyurethane DSM screens can be used for several applications, including:
- Trash removal
- Media recovery
- Used alongside vibrating screens
Where Can You Use Polyurethane DSM Screens?
Polyurethane DSM screens are used in various areas, but one of its prominent applications is in the quarries to wash the mined materials.
These screens are ideal for quarries because:
- When in contact with water, they become slippery, enabling easy sediment separation from the final product.
- They are flexible and can slightly bend when exposed to vibration consequently, permitting the materials (gravel or stone) to pass through.
- Lastly, they are durable and demand less maintenance.
Are There Customized DSM Screens?
Yes. Apart from the DSM screens with the standard arc lengths, there are also non-standard DSM screens.
The parts of the DSM screens mostly customized are the arc angles, lengths, and radii.
Notably, these customizations help the DSM screen to fit perfectly in existing installations.
To get customized DSM screens, you will need to provide your manufacturer with the necessary specifications.
How Important Is An Open Area In The DSM Screen?
The size of the open area of a DSM screen directly determines the screening capacity.
A large open area translates to increased screening capacity by the DSM screen.
Notably, many assume that the screening or dewatering capacity is affected by either dead area or the amount of solid content.
On the contrary, the open area is the crucial determinant of the dewatering or screening capacity.
Also, apart from increased capacity, the open area is also crucial in ensuring the screened solids have low moisture content.
Can Reinforcements Be Added On DSM screens?
Yes, reinforcements can be added to the DSM screen upon request. Importantly, the reinforcements will ensure that your DSM screen is not only strong but also cost-effective.
What Are The Design Options For DSM Screens?
Commonly, DSM screens are usually flat or curved. However, they can also be designed in the form of cylinders or tubes, with straight slots or radial.
With the tube or cylinder design, the screen surface can either be on the outside or inside of the tube.
Why Are Most DSM Screens Curved?
A curved surface ensures better filtering of the materials.
Also, the curved surface increases the capacity as compared to a flat surface. More forces are exerted on the materials as they pass through the curved screen.
Sieve bend DSM Screen
How Is Stainless Steel DSM Screen Manufactured?
Generally, stainless steel DSM screens manufacture involves wrapping and welding support rods and v-shaped stainless steel profile wires.
Next the panel screens are cut and curved into arc screens. The final product is then inserted into a stainless steel frame.
Notably, the stainless DSM screens are manufactured with continuous slots for efficient filtration.
How Is The Tensile Strength Of DSM Screen Tested?
Generally, the tensile strength of the DSM screen can be tested by exerting material weight.
The maximum material weight the DSM screen can hold becomes its tensile strength.
How Do You Customize DSM Screen?
Among the benefits of DSM screens is customization to enable you to get the perfect-fit DSM screen. These customizations include but are not limited to:
- The material – Can be either stainless steel or polyurethane
- Screen type
- Wedge bars
- Dimensions (size and mesh)
- Wire shape
- Filter rating (microns)
What Quality Standards Should DSM Screens Comply With?
Quality standards ensure that the DSM screen your purchase meets the international standards.
The few quality standards that the DSM screens ought to comply with are in the form of certifications, and they include:
- ISO 9001 certification – The DSM screen manufacturer in China should be ISO certified. This will be clear indication that the company can manufacture high quality DSM screen.
- SGS certification
- CE certification
- ASTM specification
Does A DSM Screen Come With Warranty?
Many pieces of equipment used in industrial work usually have warranties while others don’t, depending on where you buy your products.
It is therefore recommended that you know your suppliers well and the offers they have.
The same thing goes for the DSM screen. You should check whether the product you have chosen has got a warranty or not.
A warranty will guarantee that the DSM screen you buy is of good quality and does not have any defects.
Some of the importance of buying a DSM screen with a warranty are as follows;
- With a warranty, you can always replace or return the screen in case of damages or malfunctions.
- There is extended protection in case the screen is damaged.
If your supplier is legitimate, he will offer you a warranty. However, the warranty period will not be more than one year.
At FilSon Filters, we guarantee highly efficient and durable DSM screens.
Contact us now for all your DSM screens.