What is Syringe Filter for HPLC
In order to ensure high clarity of fluids before entering HPLC, the syringe filtration step is definitely necessary. Filson syringe filter for HPLC is useful to prevent impurities from blocking or damaging sophisticated HPLC columns. It can also ensure more reliable analysis results.
Many kinds of materials of Filson syringe filter like nylon, regenerated cellulose(RC), glass fiber, PVDF, PTFE are especially suitable for extremely harsh environment of HPLC. It can normally clarify or sterilize solutions even in high temperature, high pressure and corrosion environment.
Filson offers various diameters and apertures syringe filters to filter almost all HPLC samples. Wide aperture range from 0.1μm to 10μm enables both fine-filtration and coarse-filtration. It can also filter solutions of various volumes ranging from less than 1ml to greater than 1L.
Syringe Filter for HPLC Categories
As a perfect choice for HPLC sample filtration, Filson nylon syringe filter has porous structure, hydrophilia and high mechanical stability. It also has great chemicals compatibility such as esters, bases or alcohols to be used in most types of chemical solvents.
With strong tensile strength, high solvent resistance and low protein-binding capacity, Filson PVDF syringe filter for HPLC is ideally used for filtering all of HPLC solvents. It can be used together with proteins and polypeptides to optimize filtration effect.
Having unique channel design, Filson PTFE syringe filter for HPLC can achieve low hand pressure and huge throughput. It can withstand corrosive organic solution, highly alkaline and thermal solutions. The heat resistance can reach up to 130℃.
Filson regenerated cellulose(RC) syringe filter for HPLC has property of extremely low nonspecific binding to protein and it also has wide compatibility with nearly all common HPLC solvents. It does not contain any binders, surfactants, or wetting agents.
Due to stable construction and huge dirt holding capacity, Filson glass microfiber(GMF) has ability to filter large particles in viscose solution or turbid liquid. It has wide aperture range from 0.2μm to 10μm to filter both bacteria or large particles.
Syringe Filter for HPLC Types by Aperture
All solvents must be filtered through 0.2 micron syringe filter before entering HPLC system to prevent particle scraping or blockage of instrument. Filson 0.2 micron syringe filter for HPLC is specially designed to capture the smallest particles.
Filson 0.45 micron syringe filter for HPLC has capability for removing the vast majority of impurities in liquids. It can clean the fluid thoroughly before coming into HPLC column to avoid damage caused by useless particles and prolong service life.
With accurate aperture of 1.2 micron and PP housing, Filson 1.2 micron syringe filter can quickly and efficiently filter water or organic solvents. It has stable construction and good sealing to reduce replacement and have no leakage during filtration.
Both sterilize and non-sterilize syringe filters are available with 3 micron. Filson 3 micron syringe filter for HPLC is not only suitable for sterile filtration of protein solution, but also widely used to filter buffer solution, culture medium and other inorganic solvents.
Usually being used to pre-filter fluids, Filson 5 micron syringe filter for HPLC has wide capabilities for filtering water, strong acid&alkali or other corrosive chemical solutions, high viscosity solution, etc. It can r capture and remove more than 99.9% particle from fluids.
As a large-aperture syringe filter, Filson 10 micron syringe filter is specifically used to capture larger impurities. It usually pre-filters before 0.1-5μm filters to eliminate big foreign substance in solvent to efficiently increase flow rate or flux and avoid blockage.
Syringe Filter for HPLC Types by Diameter
Specially designed for small sample less than 1ml, Filson 3mm syringe filter for HPLC has little sample retention amount. It can be widely used in field of small flow filtration. Filson provides complete aperture ranges to accommodate various filtration requirements.
As the most widely used size of syringe filter, Filson 13mm syringe filter for HPLC has excellent ratio of liquid filtration and hold-up volume. The common aperture sizes are 0.2 micron and 0.45 micron. Its extensive chemical compatibility allows for most liquids to be filtered.
With four filtration layers, Filson 25mm syringe filter for HPLC has high flow rate up to 140ml/min. It provides higher levels of performance and quality with moderate sizes. In addition, it has passed 100% integrity test and accuracy test to ensure high filtration efficiency.
The effective filtration area of Filson 30mm syringe filter for HPLC is up to 5.39 cm², which is beyond 40% larger than 25mm syringe filter. It provides high flow rate to filter large amounts of solutions quickly, which is ideal for dealing with more than 100ml samples volume.
Filson 50mm syringe filter has ability to filter more than 1000ml fluids or non-aqueous solvent with large aperture. Filson provides complete syringe filters with various characteristics like low protein binding, low adsorption ability, high chemical resistance or hydrophily.
Filson Syringe Filter for HPLC Benefits
Filson purchases certified raw materials from famous and reliable suppliers to guarantee all materials are of high purity and high quality.
Filson always provides high cost-effective syringe filter for HPLC at strict quality standards and competitive prices to satisfy your needs.
Filson offers syringe filters of various sizes to meet almost all HPLC filtration needs no matter sterilization, general filtration or pre-filtration.
With the maximum filtration area of 19.6cm², Filson syringe filter’s flow rate can be up to 450ml/min with 99.99% of impurities removal efficiency.
Filson Syringe Filter for HPLC Advantages
- Accurate aperture: Fabricated in strictly accordance with international standards ensures each Filson syringe filter for HPLC has precise aperture to realize accurate filtration. The tiny aperture size of 0.1 micron can achieve sterilized filtration.
- Convenient operation: Composed of filtration membrane and PP housing, Filson syringe filter has simple structure. It has inlet and outlet at both ends to be installed between syringe adapter and needle of syringe, so it is very easy to operate.
- Great compatibility: Manufactured by nylon, PVDF, PTFE and other materials, Filson syringe filter for HPLC is perfectly compatible with chemicals like strong acid&alkali. It can also filter high particle content, high temperature or viscosity solutions.
Filson Syringe Filter for HPLC Features
- High temperature resistance up to 180℃
- Precise and uniform aperture structure
- Quick flow speed up to 450ml/min
- Stable and durable and strong mechanical strength
- Low absorption membrane to avoid being blocked
- Smaller hold-up volume to reduce sample losses
- Ultrasonic welding technology avoids leakage
- Normal operation under high pressure of 14bar
- Good tensile strength and low protein binding
Why Choose Filson Syringe Filter for HPLC
Filson syringe filter for HPLC has excellent performance to suit harsh environment in HPLC like high temperature and pressure, it can operate well in temperature of 180℃ and 14bar pressure. Our syringe filter also has great compatibility with chemicals like strong acid&alkali.
Having specialized in filter manufacture for more than twenty years, Filson has extensive experience in fabricating syringe filter for HPLC. With standard production workshop and advanced equipment, we promise that each product you purchase is of high quality.
In addition to general sizes, we provide a variety of materials and sizes of customized service. We can also produce alternative products of leading brands like Millex, Whatman, Pall, Merck, Sartorius with the same quality and more competitive prices.
Complete stock makes sure deliver products quickly. Once you place an order, we will arrange delivery quickly. If the products are customized, we will soon put them into production to ensure that they are delivered within two weeks by DHL/UPS/TNT/Fedex.
If you are interested in our products, please contact us immediately by phone + 86-157 3695 8886 or mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Our experienced salespeople and professional engineers will offer you one-stop syringe filter for HPLC solution.
- Flow rate: up to 450ml/min
- Filtration efficiency: up to 99.99%
- Maximum filtration area: 19.6cm²
- Maximum working pressure: 14 bar
- Aperture range: from 0.1μm to 10μm
- Diameter range: from 3mm to 50mm
- Sample volume: 1mL-5000mL
- Operating temperature: up to 180℃
Filson uses certified raw materials to fabricate syringe filters for HPLC, including:
- Glass Microfiber
- Regenerated Cellulose
- PP (polypropylene)
- PVC (polyvinyl chloride)
Syringe Filter for HPLC FAQ Guide
- Filtering the liquid analyzed by HPLC, capturing particles and impurities in it to ensures that the liquid entering chromatography column is of high purity, thus improving the accuracy of analysis results.
- Filter syringe filter avoids the damage to HPLC from impurities in sample, which greatly improves the service life of HPLC. It avoids chromatography column from being damaged or blocked by impurity particles.
Considering the harsh environment of HPLC, only materials with high mechanical strength, high heat resistance and corrosion resistance are suitable for use.
- Nylon: Ideal for water-based and organic solvents.
- PVDF: High heat resistant and compatible with many solvents.
- PTFE: Being inert to various corrosive solvents and strong acid&alkali.
- Regenerated Cellulose: High resistant to chemicals and biological samples.
- Glass Microfiber: Suitable for solutions with high suspended solid content or high viscosity.
To keep good filtration effect and high filtration efficiency, it is best not to reuse the syringe filter.
Some syringe filters for HPLC are sterile and only for disposable use, otherwise they can cause sample contamination.
- Fill 90% volume of syringe with sample and the remaining 10% is air.
- Find out the appropriate syringe filter for filtering this sample.
- Twist inlet end of filter cautiously into syringe and the outlet is connect with HPLC.
- Slowly manually push the syringe plunger, squeeze the sample flowing for filtration.
- Material: Select the right material through the natures of sample, such as acid and alkaline solution is best choose regeneration cellulose syringe filter, high viscosity solution needs to use glass fiber syringe filter and so on, specifically can refer to question 2.
|Typical Process Volume||Suitable Syringe Filter Diameter (mm)|
|< 1 ml||3|
- Size: Choosing the suitable diameter of syringe filter according to the volume of samples. Refer to the table below:
Note: Table data is for reference only, and the details can be selected according to the actual situation.
Yes, syringe filter for HPLC has period of validity.
The best effective time for syringe filter is three years, and the production batch number and expiration period are very clearly printed on the package for reference. In order to ensure the optimal filtering performance of syringe filters, please use it within the shelf life.
Filson has complete stock about standard size syringe filter for HPLC.
- Common apertures: 0.2μm, 0.45μm, 1.2μm, 3μm, 5μm, 10μm, etc.
- Common diameters: 3mm, 13mm, 25mm, 30mm, 50mm, etc.
As the syringe filter captures impurities during filtration continually, the pressure on filter increases and syringe plunger becomes difficult to push. When the pressure is too high, you’d better replace syringe filter for HPLC to ensure excellent filtration effect and avoid rupture of filtration membrane.