What is Laboratory Syringe Filter?
Filson laboratory syringe filter is specifically applied in laboratory liquid and gas samples for sterilization, clarification or pre-filtration. It is commonly used to purify chromatography analysis samples, cell culture reagents, biological solvents, etc.
The filtration membranes raw materials of Filson laboratory syringe filter mainly including high purity and premium nylon, PES, PVDF, PTFE, CA, glass fiber and so on, and the housing uses high density PE or PP. Therefore our syringe filter has excellence performance and durable quality.
As a fast, convenient, and reliable laboratory filtration tool, Filson laboratory syringe filter provides diverse and comprehensive sizes to meet your various needs. It has broad aperture range form 0.1 micron to 10 micron and the diameter range is 3mm-50mm.
Laboratory Syringe Filter Main Categories
In order to adapt to the harsh environment of HPLC like high temperature, heavy pressure or corrosion, Filson uses PTFE, PVDF, nylon and other high quality materials to fabricate syringe filter. It plays an important role in protecting chromatography column.
Verified by more than 23 metal elements, Filson ICP syringe filter has reliable capability and stable structure to guarantee the consistency and accuracy of trace element analysis. It is technically sealed by ultrasonic welding to avoid risk of leakage totally.
Specifically used to filter sample solvents before LCMS, Filson LCMS syringe filter greatly improves purity of samples to avoid the influence of pollutants on analysis results. It can also prevent useless particles from causing wear or blockage on instrument.
Filson ion chromatography syringe filter uses PES, PVDF or other high purity materials certificated by IC, which ensures high preciseness results analyzed by instrument. It has female luer lock inlet and male luer slip outlet to be tightly and securely connected with machine.
Mainly adopting PTFE as filtration membrane, Filson gas chromatography syringe filter is compatible with aqueous, chemical and organic solvents. It eliminates microorganisms and particles to provide consistent and reliable experimental results for GC.
By separating dissolved active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) and undissolved part, Filson dissolution testing syringe filter has ability to stop dissolution process, thus effectively freezing sample state and ensuring accuracy of the amount of drug released tested.
Laboratory Syringe Filter Types by Materials
Owing to natural hydrophily, Filson nylon laboratory syringe filter is specially suitable for filtration of aqueous solvents and do not need pre-wetting. Compared with other materials, nylon membrane has better tensile strength and more affordable.
With extremely inherent low protein affinity and extractables, Filson PES laboratory syringe filter is commonly used for tissue culture, protein and water filtration and other laboratory analysis samples requiring maximum sample recovery rate.
The PH tolerance range of Filson PVDF laboratory syringe filter is 1-14 to filter most extremely corrosive organic solvents and chemical solutions. Our PVDF syringe filter is usually applied in clarification and sterilization of antibiotics, serum, media, and vaccines, etc.
Filson provides comprehensive hydrophobic and hydrophilic PVDF laboratory syringe filter. Both of them exhibit wide chemicals compatibility and brilliant temperature stability. Our PTFE syringe filter can operate properly in corrosive or high-thermal environments.
Having thermal stability and low adsorption rate, Filson CA laboratory syringe filter is ideally suitable for purifying proteins, enzymes and sterilizing tissues culture media. With high flow rate of 160ml/min, our filter can quickly filter large volume fluids.
Filson PP laboratory syringe filter is made of premium medical grade PP without any additives, therefore it prevents contaminating samples during filtration. The protein absorption rate of our PP syringe filter is almost zero to be ideal for treating biological samples.
Filson Laboratory Syringe Filter Benefits
Filson manufactures comprehensive laboratory syringe filter types with multiple materials, sizes and specifications. You can find any laboratory syringe filter you need in Filson.
Producing laboratory syringe filter in strict accordance with international specifications and drawings, Filson always provides you standard products to better adaptability.
With high quality materials, diverse sizes, precision aperture and other features, Filson syringe filter has brilliant resistance of chemicals, high temperature and pressure, etc.
Filson has high level production workshops, using no adhesives and additives during production, and adapting ultraviolet welding technology to avoid polluting the samples.
Filson Laboratory Syringe Filter Advantages
- Diversify: With various filtration membrane materials, Filson laboratory syringe filter can be widely used in HPLC, LCMS, IC, dissolution testing and more laboratory analysis equipment. It also has diverse sizes to meet various filtration requirements.
- Durability: Adapting high density PP/PE housing and tight interior construction, Filson laboratory syringe filter has strong mechanical strength, it can withstand pressure up to 10bar. It also has huge contaminant holding capacity to prolong service life.
- Efficiency: Filson laboratory syringe filter has low protein binding and adsorption ability to maintain maximum sample recovery. It has accurate aperture to realize correct capture of impurities, microorganisms or bacteria with high filtration efficiency of 99.9%.
Filson Laboratory Syringe Filter Features
- Good resistance of high temperature up to 180℃
- Realizable for filtration microorganisms and bacteria
- Low protein binding, adsorption ability and extractables
- High particle load ability achieves maximum utilization rate
- Convenient for installing and operating with simple structure
- Excellent resistance with chemicals like acid, alkali or alcohol
- Accurate apertures to precisely capture 99.9% contaminants
- Quick flow rate of 450ml/min with 8cm³ huge filtration area
- Available for extremely viscous samples by glass fiber membrane
Why Choose Filson Laboratory Syringe Filter
Filson has been specializing in filter manufacturing for more than 20 years. After continuous development, we have rich experience, mature technology, standard production workshop, complete production line to be reliable and trustworthy.
In order to achieve better performance and more excellent quality, Filson always purchase raw materials from well-known foreign suppliers and process them in strict accordance with international standards.
While ensuring high quality of products, the price of Filson laboratory syringe filter is very reasonable. Filson is aimed at providing you better quality products, more competitive prices and higher cost performance.
Filson provides a variety of laboratory syringe filter types with wide sizes range, which can meet your most needs. In addition to standard products, we also provide various materials, sizes and connection methods of customized services to satisfy you even better.
We also produce replacement products of leading brands like Millex, Whatman, Pall, Merck, Sartorius with the same quality and more competitive prices.
If you are interested in Filson laboratory syringe filter, please contact us by phone + 86-157 3695 8886 or mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reply quickly and try our best to provide you the most professional services.
- Connection methods: luer lock or luer slip
- Flow rate: up to 450ml/min
- Filtration area: 2cm³-19.8cm³
- Minimum hold-up volume: 10µl
- Operating temperature: 180 ℃
- Process volume: 2mL-5000mL
- Maximum working pressure: 10 bar
- Pore sizes: 0.1μm-10μm
- Diameters: 4mm-50mm
Filson laboratory syringe filter is made from high quality, purity and density materials as follows:
- Glass fiber
Laboratory Syringe Filter FAQ Guide
Filson laboratory syringe filter has a variety of materials and sizes, which has wide capability to meet most of laboratory’s filtration requirements. It is mainly applied in three aspects:
- Chromatographic analysis samples: By capturing impurities in analysis sample, the sample solution can be purer. Our laboratory syringe filter is suitable for HPLC, LCMS, IC and so on. It does well in protecting the chromatography column from damage, and also making the analysis results more accurate.
- Chemicals Solvents: Filson laboratory syringe filter has good chemicals compatibility. It can keep operate well in aggressive environments like strong acid, strong alkali or alcohol. And its PH tolerance range is from 1 to 14. Therefore, our syringe filter can be used to filter chemicals solvents.
- Biological solutions: With low protein binding capacity, Filson laboratory syringe filter has enough ability in dealing with biological solutions like steroid, fat and blood, etc. It also widely used in cell culture reagents such as biological solutions, cell culture medium, supplements, serum, antibiotics and so on.
- Common micron ratings: 0.2μm, 0.45μm, 0.7μm, 1μm, 5μm, 10μm, etc.
- Common diameters: 4mm, 13mm, 25mm, 30mm, 33mm, 50mm, etc.
The aperture can be as low as 0.1 micron to remove more than 99.9% of bacteria in solutions; the maximum diameter of 50 mm is sufficient to handle 5 L sample volume with huge filtration area of 19.8cm³.
Excepting common types, Filson can customize laboratory syringe filters for any material or size.
- Low protein binding capacity
- Accurate and uniform aperture
- Huge flow rate up to 450ml/min
- High temperature resistance of 180℃
- No adhesives and additives are included
- Being compatible with aggressive chemicals
- Almost no adsorption amount and extractables
- Available for various customized materials and sizes
To ensure optimal filtering performance and accurate analysis or detection results, avoid contamination, do not reuse the laboratory syringe filters. The tiny particles not visible to naked eye can cause cross-contamination and affect your results.
To select the most appropriate laboratory syringe filter, you need to comprehensively consider the filtration membrane, impurity bulk, sample volume, connection mode and other factors.
- Filtration membrane: The characteristics of different materials of filtration membrane are also different. Choose the most compatible material with samples according to the pH, protein binding rate, hydrophilic nature and other features.
- Impurity bulk: The bulk size of impurities determines the choice of aperture. If filtering bacteria or microbes, a sterile 0.1 micron, 0.22 micron or 0.45 microns syringe filter is required. When filtering solutions contain larger particles, big aperture syringe filter for example 5 micron or 10 microns is suitable.
- Sample volume: The corresponding syringe filter diameter is selected according to sample volume. Less sample size, the smaller diameter of required syringe filter. When sample size is about 1 ml, a 4 mm filter is selected and when sample size reaches 1 L-5 L, a 50 mm filter should be used.
- Connection mode: There are two common connection ways: double luer lock and luer lock/luer slip. Double luer locks provide safer and stronger connections to be used for applications that require online filtering. Female luer lock and male luer slip provide sealing connections that can be widely used in different applications.
The laboratory syringe filter is made of both hydrophilic and hydrophobic materials.
- Hydrophilic: nylon, PTFE, CA, RC, glass fiber, PES, PVDF
- Hydrophobic: PP, PTFE
For the hydrophobic filtration membranes, using water or alcohol pre-wetting, they can be hydrophilic.
Here are three methods for sterilization for laboratory filter syringe filter and the most commonly used being the third autoclaved:
- Rinse in 75% ethanol solution.
- Ethylene oxide gas sterilization.
- 121℃ or 134℃ steam for 15-30 minutes.
As more and more impurities are captured on the syringe filter membrane, the pressure on filter increases and syringe plunger becomes difficult to push. When the pressure is too high, you need to replace laboratory syringe filter to ensure excellent filtration performance and avoid rupture of filtration membrane.