What is PTFE Syringe Filter
Filson PTFE syringe filter is widely used to remove particles prior to analysis. By stopping particles entering filtration system, the filtration components will avoid damage and extend its service time.
Due to its outstanding hydrophobicity, Filson is usually not compatible with water or aqueous solvents, and it offers an ideal solution on air and gas sterilization. Besides, our PTFE syringe filter can also filter high corrosion, acid, alkali and organic solvents.
To meet our customers’ various needs, Filson PTFE syringe filter has a variety of series, such as sterile PTFE syringe filter, 4mm PTFE syringe filter, 25mm PTFE syringe filter, etc. If you need replacement filter of other brands,like Pall, Whatman, Filson is also your best choice.
PTFE Syringe Filter Categories
Owing to the outstanding hydrophobicity, Filson hydrophobic PTFE syringe filter offers an effective solution on venting, air and gas filtration. The common micron rating is 0.22 and 0.45 micron, and it can be sterilized at dry heat of 121℃ to meet your needs.
PTFE Syringe Filter Types by Product Details
- 0.2 Micron PTFE Syringe Filter
Filson 0.2 micron PTFE syringe filter is best suitable for removing smaller particles with size larger than 0.2 micron. With excellent chemical compatibility, our filter can be widely used in strong corrosion, acid, alkali and most solvents.
- 0.22 Micron PTFE Syringe Filter
With customized options available, the designed filtration area of Filson 0.22 micron PTFE syringe filter can reach 19.6 cm2 at 50 mm. Due to its elaborate pore size of 0.22 micron, our filter can effectively capture most bacteria and virus.
- 3. 0.45 Micron PTFE Syringe Filter
Totally made of PTFE, Filson 0.45 micron PTFE syringe filter has a strong mechanical strength to withstand high temperature and pressure. And it serves various applications, including sterilizing gases, venting filtration, organic solvents filtration, etc.
- 4mm PTFE Syringe Filter
Filson often fabricates 4mm PTFE syringe filter into 0.22, 0.45 and 0.5 micron rating, and the common holdup volume is 1 ml. With outstanding heat and corrosion resistance, it can be widely used in filtering organic solvents, alcohols and biomolecules.
- 13mm PTFE Syringe Filter
With exact diameter of 13mm, Filson 13mm PTFE syringe filter has huge flow rate up to 245 ml/min at 1 bar. Totally made of PTFE, the maximum operating pressure of our filter is 6.9 bar. Besides, it has excellent chemical compatibility to filter organic solvents.
- 25mm PTFE Syringe Filter
Filson 25mm PTFE syringe filter has outstanding hydrophobicity and offers an economical and effective solution on most corrosion, acid and alkali conditions. Comparing with other filters, 25mm PTFE syringe filter has wider diameter, larger surface area and huge flow rate.
Replacement PTFE Syringe Filter
- Whatman PTFE Syringe Filter
Filson replacement Whatman PTFE syringe filter is usually non-sterile, and you can autoclave it with 121℃ for 30 minutes. To suit your filtration system better, you can choose suitable connectors like luer lock.
- Pall PTFE Syringe Filter
Having more than 20 years experiences on manufacturing PTFE syringe filter, Filson is able to provide standard replacement Pall PTFE syringe filter. Customized sizes available, it has large flow rate up to 510 ml and hold-up volume up to 125µL.
- 3. Millipore PTFE Syringe Filter
Having good mechanical strength, Filson replacement Millipore PTFE syringe filter has high pressure resistance up to 14 bar. With the same features as original Millipore filter, it can be widely used in HPLC/UHPLC sample filtration, solvents filtration, etc.
PTFE Syringe Filter Outstanding Benefits
Having a strong mechanical strength, Filson PTFE syringe filter can work normally under high pressure environment up to 8.6 bar.
There are various PTFE syringe filter,including hydrophobic PTFE syringe filter, hydrophilic PTFE syringe filter, 0.2/0.22/0.45 PTFE syringe filter and replacement PTFE syringe filter.
Completely made of PTFE, Filson PTFE syringe filter is best compatible with high corrosion, acid, alkali and most organic solvents.
Since Filson has good partnership with DHL/UPS/TNT/Fedex, we will choose appropriate transportation methods according to your requirements.
PTFE Syringe Filter Advantages
By using Filson PTFE syringe filter, you will find lots of advantages:
- Clarity: Filson PTFE syringe filter can capture most particles larger than 0.1 micron with lower extractables.
- Economical price: Our PTFE syringe filter has huge flow rate up to 510 mL/min and the large sample volume is 120 ml. Therefore, the efficiency will be improved and total cost will be decreased.
- Reliable quality: Utilizing standard material, we control the production process strictly and our PTFE syringe filter is certified by ISO standards.
- Well compatibility: Having excellent chemical compatibility, our filter is best suitable for corrosion, acid, alkali and organic solvents.
PTFE Syringe Filter Features
- Fine pore size design ranging from 0.1 to 10 micron
- High temperature resistance up to 260℃
- Able to be sterilized by dry heat at 121℃ for 15 minutes
- Complete PTFE structure to withstand high pressure of 14 bar
- Outstanding hydrophobicity to filter air and gases better
- Wide diameter for large surface area
- Hydrophobic and hydrophilic PTFE available for different applications
- Easy to be rinsed with alcohol
- Superior acid resistance ranging from pH 1 – 14
- Multiple connection methods to suit your filtration system better
Why Choose Filson PTFE Syringe Filter
Filson PTFE syringe filter is totally fabricated with standard PTFE, therefore it has outstanding hydrophobicity. Since our PTFE syringe filter has rigid structure and better sealing, it has high heat tolerance up to 260℃ and high pressure resistance up to 10 bar.
Featuring in high efficiency, better chemical resistance and various customized sizes, Filson PTFE syringe filter offers carious applications, including sample preparation, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, etc.
Having more than 20 years experience on manufacturing PTFE syringe filter, Filson can provide you not only high-quality PTFE syringe filter, but also standard replacement filter of other brands. You just need to send us drawings or specifications, we will offer you satisfactory products.
If you want to learn more detailed information about Filson PTFE syringe filter, please give us a call at +86-157 3695 8886 or send us an email at email@example.com.
- Material: polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)
- Pore Size: 0.1 – 10 micron( typically 0.2, 0.22 and 0.45 micron)
- Operating Temperature: up to 260℃
- Common Diameter: 4mm, 13mm, 25mm, 33mm, 50mm
- Filtration Area: 19.6 cm2
- Flow Rate: up to 510 mL/min at 2.1 bar
- Connection: luer lock, stepped barb, FLL, MSL, tube
- Bubble Point: 1.2 kPa
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Medical industry
- Environmental monitoring
- Microbiological studies
- Agricultural testing laboratories
- HPLC sample analysis
- Venting and degassing
PTFE Syringe Filter FAQ Guide
There are several steps for you to use PTFE syringe filter:
- Firstly, load sample into PTFE syringe filter.
- Secondly, fix the syringe filter by twisting. You should twist connectors(commonly luer lock) properly, not too loose or too tight.
- Thirdly, keep syringe filter vertical in order to wet PTFE membrane. If possible, discard the first 0.25ml of sample to avoid pollution.
- Next, push syringe filter and let sample flow through filter.
- Finally, change filter and repeat theses steps again.
Most PTFE syringe filter is non-sterile, and it can be autoclaved by dry heat at 121℃ for 15 – 30 minutes. And PTFE syringe filter is ideally used in HPLC samples, air and gas venting and degassing, aggressive chemicals filtration and so on.
Pore size refers to the diameter of pore in filter, and it determines the particles size which can pass through filter. For example, the pore size of Filson PTFE syringe filter ranges from 0.1 to 10 micron. That means this filter can capture most particles larger than 0.1 micron.
Besides, nominal pore size means the main or common pore size of one filter, while absolute pore size is the largest pore size of one filter.
Porosity refers to the percent of the surface area occupied by pores. Generally speaking, the typical porosity of filter is less than 80%.
Bubble point in PTFE syringe filter is the minimum pressure to push bubble through the biggest pore. Bubble point takes part in pore size vary inversely. So, if pore size is small, bubble point is big and vice versa.
In most syringe filter, bubble point can be customized by specifying the pore size. More importantly, bubble point specification is used to control filter quality during production process. And customers can also use bubble point to test the filter quality.
The common pore size of bacteria ranges from 0.5 to 5 micron, and PTFE syringe filter has wider micron rating between 0.1 and 10 micron. Therefore, almost all bacteria can be removed through PTFE syringe filter.